Onboarding for security app
Full user test planning documentation
Read full notes
Excerpt from User testing notes:
In the above 4 trials, the main point of conflict has been the process of getting between emails and the app and the ‘login’ website…we can at least smooth over the introduction to Kasada through our onboarding email/communications. It was suggested the onboard process move towards Kasada where possible. As such, all aspects of onboarding Kasada that involve the app, from download to completing registration could be moved over to the welcome to Kasada email, taking pressure off the company and requiring them to just get the user to login to a service….
Full proposed onboarding screen designs:
See full onboarding designs
Designing the onboarding process for the Kasada Authenticator App
The Kasada team identified serious concerns with their multi-factor authentication app through the onboarding process. Users were finding it difficult to follow the existing PDF tutorial with no in-app messaging or tutorial.
I was tasked to redesign how users register within the app, how to relate their account to their company and ensuring users retain how to use the app between sessions.
This task was completed over the course of a month and resulted in users being able to self-register for the application, as well as remember how to use the app between sessions in 90% of use cases.
- Age 20-55
- Working at an enterprise
- Has several accounts with different services required for work
- Varying ranges of technical experience; assume a significant lack of expereince
- Their company has purchased the Kasada Authentication Platform
- The user is required to self-enrole
- User observation and interviews to gather research notes
- User research notes distilled into core problems
- Core problems and possible solutions presented to the team
- Low-fidelity prototypes created of proposed solutions
- Prototypes tested internally and narrowed down to two possible solutions
- High-fidelity prototypes created of both solutions
- User testing sessions organised and performed using the prototypes
- Notes from user tests distilled and the best solution was chosen
- The chosen solution was created in high-fidelity renders for final review